- General English
- Business and Professional English
- One-To-One Training Company Personnel
- English With Special Interest
- English For Young Learners
- Fast Track IELTS
- Aviation English
Where are your courses held?
One-To-One Training Company Personnel
Who is this Course For?
It is for managers, executives and other key personnel who need training in English as part of their company's strategy for implementing its business plan and meeting its targets.
Companies normally send a number of selected employees on this programme; either a number each year or a prescribed number over a single pre-arranged period. However, training is sometimes provided for one individual.
EJO works very closely with companies in preparing, monitoring and evaluating these courses.
Company Training Image 1
Company Training Image 2
Company Training Image 3
Company Training Image 4
Company Training Image 5
Company Training Image 6
What Happens During Training?
Our host teachers are carefully selected for their skills and for their ability to deliver this type of training. Many have had careers in business or a relevant profession.
The programme normally combines systematic and rigorous training to develop the trainee's competence and confidence in using English with a specialist component.
The specialist component normally runs in parallel. This is obviously determined by individual company requirements and is planned in detail before the start.
We use up to date training resources totally relevant to the needs of the individual programme.
What Kind of Areas do you offer specialist training in?
Examples of training in specialist areas of English that EJO has provided for companies are:
- Introducing the company's product to the market
- Making presentations in English
- Negotiating contracts
- Telephone calling and telephone sales
- Buying and selling in the investment world
- Preparing briefs, specifications and reports
- Preparing instruction manuals
- Developing English skills for teaching or instructing in specialist fields
However, the requirements of individual companies differ considerably and there are, of course, many other possible specialist component areas which may be asked for.
What is a typical Day? [click to expand / minimise]
The daily plan varies according to the requirements of the individual participant but a typical weekday on a thirty-hour per week course may look like this:
- Breakfast with your host teacher
- 09.15 - 10.15
- Lesson 1 - Review of the different ways of expressing the future in English and intensive practice
- 10.30 - 11.30
- Lesson 2 - Specialist component — Planning the presentation: the beginning, middle and end; timing
- 11.45 - 12.45
- Lesson 3 - The use of audio-visual resources
- Lunch with your host teacher
- Afternoon visit to local company and meeting personnel
- Early evening TV news and current affairs programme
- Evening meal with your host teacher
- Private study assignments arising out of morning's lessons
- 21.00 — 22.00
- Opportunity for free time, private study, relaxation or socialising
What is included in the price?
- Comfortable accommodation and all meals in the home of your host teacher
- Living as part of the household during the stay
- Introduction to the local area
- The pre-arranged number of hours of training each week (20, 25 or 30)
- A training course designed to meet individual needs and company requirements
- Use of up-to-date course resources
- The support of the EJO Director of Studies
- Course report, including suggestions from your host teacher for further study after your course
- Certificate of Attendance
Are there any extras?
The following are at additional cost:
- Travel from and to your own country
- Meeting on arrival and travel between point of arrival and departure in the UK and host teacher's home
- Expenditure associated with any excursions, local outings and visits (unless asked for and booked in advance)
- Your travel Insurance (EJO can make arrangements for this if asked to do so in advance)
How do I arrange my course?
Company training or personnel officers contact us by email or phone (+44 1428 751933) to discuss their requirements.