Who is this Course For?
Students joining this course want to be able to either improve their existing IELTS score or prepare to take the test for the first time.
The course is particularly suitable for:
- Those who want to achieve as much in four weeks as they would in around 10 weeks of group IELTS classes
- Pre-university students applying for Bachelors and Masters and post-graduate degrees
- Doctors, nurses, dentists, and others entering the medical professions
- Professionals requiring a recognised level of English. You take the test at the end of the course or, if you prefer, soon after you return home.
How is the content of my course decided?
You complete an IELTS practice test and Needs Analysis at the beginning of your course and your host teacher plans a course specifically designed to meet your needs and focus on weak areas of the test.
What happens during my lessons?
Our aim is to raise your IELTS score:
- to familiarise you with the test format
- to create awareness of the techniques you need to approach the exam
- to increase your understanding of the spoken language
- to increase your confidence and ability in speaking, reading and writing English
IELTS preparation includes the use of English in:
- understanding and evaluating texts
- interpreting diagrams, tables and graphs
- writing academic essays
- understanding authentic listening passages
- speaking on a variety of topics
We use relevant, up-to-date course books with their associated audio tapes or CDs, together with authentic test materials. Our Director of Studies or another member of the EJO team either telephones or visits you to check that you are completely satisfied with your course.